Status update: I didn’t expect it to be that much downtime

Whoops! OK, that was my fault. I was actu­al­ly quite sur­prised at how smooth­ly and quick­ly the tran­si­tion went. As it turns out, it appears to have tak­en longer than expect­ed for the DNS to update. In fact, the prob­lem may have been in DNS cached in my browsers. When I test­ed the site with a brows­er I had no prob­lem access­ing it. When I test­ed the domain with dig and ping it looked like my sys­tem was see­ing the new records. I assumed every­thing had gone smooth­ly and went on to do oth­er things. I don’t actu­al­ly know how long the site was down, but there was in fact a mis­con­fig­u­ra­tion in my domain records that pre­vent­ed the site from being accessed.

My fault; sor­ry about that,

Leave a Reply